Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend was absolutely FANTASTIC and extremely HORRIBLE.

Lets start with the FANTASTIC first.

Thursday, we went to the Alaskan Inn again for a night away. We arrived at about 4pm and checked in. We weren't quite hungry yet, so we went up to Pineview Reservoir and went for a 3 mile walk along the shore. It was beautiful and we enjoyed nature and talking.
After our hike, we went the Gray Cliff Lodge Restaurant for dinner. It was so cute and the food was really good. First, you got to choose from a fruit cup or tomato juice. Then came soup or salad. I chose a dinner salad, because I thought the soup sounded horrible, some kinda squash soup. Matt ended up ordering the soup, I tried it, and wished I had ordered it. Yummy! After soup/salad, our main entrees came, which were fantastic. Dessert was also included. Fabulous food and a romantic and relaxing environment.






After dinner, we went back to our cabin and relaxed. We ended up watching "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Odd move, but it is what Matt picked out.

Friday, we ended up picking up Gracie and taking her to Hill Aerospace Museum at Hill Air Force Base, while waiting for David, so we could go to Antelope Island. Katie was with a friend in Heber seeing Thomas the Train and Park was napping, so Kristin stayed home with him.

While we were outside, she liked the rocks as much as she like the planes. Probably even more!




Gracie with one of the MANY she picked up and talked about. 


One of my closest and longest friends loves fire engines,
so I ended up enjoying them too. This one is really old


David ended up finally getting off work, so we (Matt, David, Gracie, and I) headed out to Antelope Island.
We went out to the ranch on the East side of the island first. Since it was Memorial Day Weekend, they had an event going on. We ended up trying to rope. Enjoy the pictures of all four of us trying.



Gracie roped herself.


I like this picture, because Matt caught it just right.
The rope makes a frame for Grace in the background. 






Me and Grace on a horse. 
After the roping and looking around the ranch, we went to the West side of the island to the beach. It was WINDY.


I absolutely LOVE this picture of Grace!






Saturday, we tried going to Lagoon around lunch time, but only were able to buy our SEASON parking pass. Yes, I surprised Matt with SEASON passes to Lagoon. I am insane because the rides give me motion sickness, really fast. Well we ended up coming back 4 hours later because of the terrible rain storm that afternoon.
Matt, Parker, and Kristin

David, Gracie, and Katie

Little kids on a ride. Parker wasn't enjoying it too much. 

We had a lot of fun until Sunday morning, then the weekend turned  HORRIBLE .
Matt was sick all that morning throwing up. I went to church by myself and was feeling fine until Matt started feeling better. I puked my guts out for 2 1/2 days. One night, Matt couldn't even lay in the bed with me, because if he moved at all I would puke. So the rest of our plans were ruined for the Memorial Day, but it was FANTASTIC and HORRIBLE at the same time.


2 comments:

  1. We will have to let you know when Alan's work lagoon day is maybe you guys could be there too. :) I love the roping picture with the frame around Grace. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete