Friday, May 11, 2012

Vacation Day 3 (part 2)- April 27th

Our night on the town on April 27th. It was still chilly outside, so we bundle up and went to the lighthouse and Mo's.

This was a visit back down memory lane for Matt and I as we spent a week of our Honey moon in Depot Bay Oregon just up the road from Newport.

We went to the Yaguina Lighthouse. We found out tours are from 12-4pm daily and we were 2 hours late. So we got some pictures and went down to the tide pools at the base of the cliffs of the light house. Well, it was high tide, so the tide pools weren't visible, but we had fun anyway.

Yaquina Lighthouse

Arlee excited about the lighthouse and being out of the car

Us and Arlee

Hoges. Chelsey has Lydia bundled up in a wrap.
Well, it was cold, so we put my extra jacket on her backwards
and zipped it up. Worked Great!

Arlee wanted to throw rocks in the ocean. Fun right?! Well, it was.
I carried her down as close as possible, she would throw the rock in,
and then we would run, up the rocks away from the tide.
Very nice leg work out!

On a rock for a picture, hoping the tide wouldn't come in. 

Me and Matt
Chelsey, Lydia, and a backwards jacket.

 Look how the tide comes up. Well we decided what a nice place for pictures. Someone would take the picture, while someone watched for the tide. Sounds like a great idea, but the noise can make you jump and not trust the person who is suppose to be warning. The tide would come in and shift all the rocks and it sounds like a rain storm or something. Beautiful Sound!
Hans and Arlee waching the tide


Family picture with the tide rising to get them.

Arlee laughing thinking its fun and funny

Dad and daughter

Arlee watching the tide.

Us laughing. Before this picture, we ran from the tide. Silly us as Arlee said.

Hoges and the Lighthouse. 

Us and the lighthouse. 
After we had fun at the lighthouse, we went to Mo's. A place Matt and I ate at at least 2 times while on our honeymoon, 8 years before.  I told Chelsey about how good the clam chowder was and I don't like sea food.
Hans trying the famous clam chowder. He said he still prefers his mom's. 

Matt, Lydia, and his clam chowder

Me and Lydia

Matt preparing to eat his Chowder. YUM!

Chelsey and a spoonful of chowder

Chelsey's reaction to the chowder. She didn't like it one bit. 
I ended up not having any chowder, because I didn't feel the best. So I had chicken fingers. Well before my chicken fingers arrived and after the chowder had been eaten. I feed Lydia her bottle. Well, Lydia likes to spit up alot after she eats, so I usually don;t burp her. I went to hand her across the table to Hans to burp her and she decided to spit up ALOT. It went into Matt's and my drink. I almost threw up. Matt stated, "no more passing her across the table." I definitely agree. It was fun and DISGUSTING. I don't have the stomach for it. 

After dinner, we went back to the hotel. We booked a room for all of us. 3 queen beds, 4 adults, one 3 year old, and a four month old. NOT the best remedy for sleep. Arlee didn't go to be without a temper-tantrum and Lydia was fussy most the night. 

1 comment: