Thursday, February 23, 2012

St. George Trip

I had to go to St. George for work the first of February to complete some Green/Recycling Training at a store. Since Matt was on his 7 days off, we decided to make a weekend trip of it.

I only had to work half a day on Friday, so after I was done working we went exploring. 

We walked along a trail along the Virgin River and ended up at a park. The skies were blue, the temperature was perfect, and Matt and I got to just hang out together. We ended up stopping at a park to swing on the coolest swing and relax before heading back to the condo we were staying at. 
Us together relaxing and catching cool sun rays in our photo too!

Me posing with my future swing for my backyard!
On Saturday, we went to Zion's National Park. I have never been there before, but Matt has a couple of times. It was absolutely beautiful. We ended up hiking a huge circle around the canyon by the Emerald Pools, along the Virgin River on one side, and back along the Virgin River on the other side. We would have hiked more, but Matt didn't bring a jacket and we were both a little sore. 





Us looking up at the enormous walls above.




Matt is King of the Rock!

Matt showing off his muscles.

My attempt to be Queen of the Rock.
It was hard as I am scared of heights and
this rock was rather tall. 
Trying to imitate Matt, but I look more like a monkey.




We also went and saw the St. George Temple and took a couple of pictures. 




The trip was so relaxing and much needed! 
We ate dinner every night together and cuddled up to watch movies too.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you folks had a lot of fun. It's good to get away ever so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you climb up weeping rock? It's a short and easy hike but it's beautiful, the rocks look like they are crying. Just reading about you trip was relaxing so thanks, I just went on a virtual vacation. :) Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete