Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fun with the nephews!

My sister, Lyndsay, and her family live outside of the state. Her husband, David, has been working to get his "lineman" certification for the past couple of years. To do this, they have had to travel all over the United States where ever the work takes him, but he just received his certification. Now he is looking for a job with an electrical company.

So while David is out on location for the next two weeks, Lyndsay decided to come and stay and my parents' house to be here for Christmas. This past weekend, we (Lyndsay, Kali, and the two boys, Jayden and Braxton) went to my mom's ward Christmas party. We were still hunger after eating, so we went to Wendy's and got some food. YUMMY!

After we were finished eating, Jayden asked me if I wanted to play.

I asked him what he wanted to play.

He let me know he wanted to play teddy bear. --This game works with Jayden going to hide. I go find him and check him (tickle him) to make sure all his stuffing is still in. It is really cute.

After we played once, it was time for him to go to bed. After Lyndsay and I put them to bed and closed the door, we had the following conversation with Jayden.

Jayden: "Mom?"
Lyndsay: "What Jayden?"
Jayden: "I have something nice to tell Abbie."
Lyndsay: "Go ahead"
Me: "Jayden, I am out here. What did you want to say?"
Jayden: "Abbie, I love you!"

My heart melted right then and there. Jayden is the cutest and most polite little 4 year old boy I have met.

Love him, so much. I will miss when they are gone again

Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend.

Braxton. He sat between Lyndsay and I. He loved dancing during the Christmas music.

Jayden. Cute smile!

Nissy (what I call Lyndsay) with Braxton.

Braxton helping make the caramel popcorn balls Lyndsay and I attempted.
They were harder than a rock the next day!

Jayden eating the caramel of the spoon.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun story. Little boys are so darn cute - but little girls are super cute. I love the picture of your new little neice! Next to the baby bottle - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that the "Abbie I love you." made me tear up a little.

    ReplyDelete