Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shoulder Surgery...Life after

Life has been a little interesting as of late…back in August I found out that I needed to have shoulder surgery as my ligaments hadn’t grown properly. I would need some extra help as I wouldn’t be able to move my arm for at least 4 weeks. So we decided to wait until Matt was on break from school and have my surgery done in December. We set the date for December 10, and let the countdown begin.
Well during that countdown, I became Young Women’s President and also got another position at work.

Little stressful, but I had thought I had everything covered while I was off work and not able to do much for the young women. Well I hadn’t thought of the everyday details that would drive me to tears.

My top ten things that can bring me to tears on any given day:
10. Picking up my nieces and nephews
9. Wearing cute clothes, still trying to figure this out. Can’t raise my arm at all!
8. Going to work…Trust me… I miss it.
7. Being able to lay on my side…You know…curl up with a good blanket and a book. A little interesting
6. Having to wear a sling ALL the time. It is half of a straight jacket…Do NOT recommend it, at all!
5. Shaving…it is a problem, but getting the hang of it
4. Not being able to hug Matt. (We do side hug though)
3. Not being able to sleep very well
2. Not being able to drive
1. Not being able to do my hair by myself –I love a good ponytail

Well hopefully only 3 more weeks for some of these. I am counting down!!!

3 comments:

  1. Keep on counting. Hopefully it will be over soon. Maybe I will come and curl your hair so you can leave it down. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there lady! The offer of me coming over just to do your hair still stands. ;) Soon this will all be a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this made me laugh. Sorry it makes you cry. I wouldnt know what I would do with out help. Im glad that your by family that will come and curl your hair for you. :) We miss you and hope to see you sooner then later.

    ReplyDelete