Friday, February 23, 2018

11-23-2017 - Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving this year was a bit different. Matt had to work his holiday shift for the year 6pm to 6am on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, so we switched things up a bit.

We started the morning off with a neighborhood 5K. It was our first time participating in it. I can't run with my knee problems and Kara wanted to ride her scooter, so the plan was I would have Logan and Kara would ride her scooter while Matt jogged.

The plan went out the door pretty quickly with a slight incline that we had to do at the first of the race. I eventually caught up to Kara and Matt and she was already tired. So Kara also rode on the stroller with Logan and her scooter and Matt took off at a very fast jog. My only goal for the 5K was to not be the very last person since I was only planning on walking it in the first place.

I met my goal and was ahead of 3 people when we got to the finish line.

We also won some swag from the raffle.

After the 5K, we showered and headed to my mom's for dinner/lunch at 12:30pm. We ate early so Matt could go home and sleep and so Kali could join Shawn's family.

We stayed at my mom's the rest of the day and the kids had a movie night too.




























No comments:

Post a Comment