Tuesday, January 21, 2014

3rd time the charm

Well I finally had my 3rd knee surgery on the same knee, but all for 3 different reasons. Went in on December 11th. My mom took Kara for the day, so Matt could be with me. I did okay until after the I.V. was in. I started getting light headed and they had to put me on oxygen.

Well it has now been over a month and I am doing pretty good, except for the news that the cartilage has started to wear down behind my knee, which means I have to not play high impact sports anymore or arthritis could set in early. What is a high impact sport...well everything dealing with running, so soccer, basketball, running, etc. Pretty bummed as I got the surgery done because I couldn't run after having Kara because it hurt from the meniscus being the problem. Now that is fixed and I get this diagnosis. LOUSY!!!
Well its a good thing I picked up swimming even though I hate putting my face in the water. I some reason start to panic and lose my breathe and suck in water. But Jaker's came to my rescue and gave me some swim lessons. THANK YOU Jakers!

So know I swim. I even crave it. I like to do the backstroke especially since you don't have to put your face in the water! My goal is to swim a mile by June. That is 66 lengths of the pool and I am up to 30 lengths. I increase 2 lengths each time I go.




No comments:

Post a Comment