Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend....and a great Memorial Day Deal!

Memorial Day Weekend hasn't been all that fun. Matt had clinicals Friday, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday from 7:00am to 7:30pm. So I tried finding things to do.

On Friday, I went up and baby sat the Elswood kids, while David and Kristin went on a date. It was quite interesting to say the least. 3 kids under the age of Four (4, 2, and 6 months). I had to make dinner, heat up hotdogs, get the jello out, chips, and a drink. Fairly easy right....Yep...that is what I thought until Gracie's little friend stayed over for dinner too and Parker (6 months old) was hungry, so he decided to scream while I tried to get the girls their food. Oh and Gracie's little friend is bossy, so the girls wanted to do everything her way.

Lets just say, No more friends while babysitting, unless I don't have to "cook" dinner.

I got the kids ready for bed and read books until it was time for bedtime. Thank goodness Parker fell asleep on me and the girls love me so they went right to bed without any problems. YEAH!!!

Saturday and Sunday were pretty uneventful, except Sunday I made 21 hair bows, which I will post pictures in a couple of days.

Monday, I coerced Matt to come home early, so we could go on a date. We first went on a walk, then to Michaels for more bow making supplies, then to Big-5 for a canopy, dinner, and a movie. It was nice seeing my husband for a little while.

The Canopy Story -
           Matt and I have been thinking about by a canopy for camping for quite awhile. Why you might ask? Well when we go camping it usually rains. We went camping 5 times last year and it rained 4 out of 5 times. Pretty lousy odds. So we have been looking for a good canopy that will last a long time, can withstand the weather, and not to expensive. I have been searching the ads for the last couple of months and saw the "Memorial Day" sale at Big-5, so we went and checked it out.

Well we got our canopy.
13x13 feet wide
Regularly Priced -          $200.00
Sale Priced -                 $149.99
Floor Model Discount     $15.00
Ad Coupon                    $10.00
Gift Certificate                $75.00
Gift Card                          $5.60
           Total Price Paid $52.00

Thought of staying dry while camping.....PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment