Sunday, August 15, 2010

Family for a Week

No pictures for this event. We had my niece, Arlee, for a week while her parents went to Disneyland and California for a getaway.

We got her on Sunday morning right before church. We packed her in the car and headed off church at 9am. We taught our primary lesson to our 5 & 6 year old class. The kids were pretty good and so was Arlee until Singing time and Sharing time. She got hungry so I took her out and feed her before sacrament started.

We made it through sacrament meeting, but Arlee fell asleep for 40 minutes and then did not want to take a nap after church like I planned. We spent the day at my mom's for dinner and Arlee only wanted me even with my mom/her grandma around. Made me feel like a mom! Yep that felt great!

So other highlights - Arlee slept great the first night, horrible the second night because she decided to throw her Binky on the ground. The third night, we put at least 6 Binkys in the crib with her, she slept wonderful from the rest of the nights.

I had to work, so I would take her to my mom's so she could babysit. Let me tell you I did NOT like that at all. I want to give kudos to all the working moms. It sucks to have to work and raise a family! Get them ready, send them to the sitters, pick them up, make dinner, play for like 10 seconds, and then put them to bed! Not much fun being a mom with that schedule.

We had fun with Arlee and I especially missed her saying Mama every ten seconds for something she wanted, but had no idea the right words.

Matt and I can't wait for our little one, where every he or she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment