Saturday, May 7, 2011

May We Have GRATITUDE

This was the subject of the lesson that I taught to the Young Women on May 1st.

 I never would have guessed that I would need the lesson so much in my own life, just days from having taught it.

So many don't know, but in February we were picked by a birthmom get her baby. This happened on Tuesday, February 7th. The next day, we found out that we were going to moving into a 3 bedroom townhouse, directly adjacent to our 2 bedroom town house. We were thrilled, thinking things are looking up now. So we did get to move into our new place, but the birthmom backed out of the adoption.

This has weighed on my mind for the last couple of months, thinking that it wasn't meant to be, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! (I hate this saying by the way) But with Mother's Day tomorrow and the birthmom having been due Mid-May,  it makes me think that I could have been an actual mom on Mother's Day.

So in trying to apply the lesson from Sunday that I taught my Young Women, I am greatful for what I do have and the blessings that I have been given and the trials (waiting for a baby and Matt trying to find a job in his field of study) that Matt and I get to learn together.

It is amazing the map we set for our lives in our head and what actually happens in reality.

MAY - I have Gratitude for the month of MAY and forever.

1 comment: