Saturday, May 7, 2011

BABY Blanket

One of my Young Women advisors is going to have a baby boy and I couldn't think of anything for the young women to make for a boy, so I decided they could tie a baby quilt.

So I got the task of making the quilt, I kept putting off making for a couple of weeks. Well the day was getting closer and closer to tie the quilt, so I finally buckled down and did it.

I cut out all the squares and figured out a pattern. My mother-in-law helped me pin and iron as I sewed. Thanks, Ma! Well we started about 5:30pm and ended at 10:30pm. The longest part was the backing for the blanket - buying it, washing it, and waiting for it to dry. But it got finished.


The Young Women tied some of the quilt, but we ran out of time, but it is complete and we will be giving it to the advisor this Sunday. What a great Mother's Day present!

1 comment: